Main category / Utilities
Sub category / Security
Developer / Objective Development Software GmbH
Filesize / 41779
Title / Little Snitch

https://macpkg.icu/?id=10426&s=blog4ever&kw=vers.4.3.2+Little+Snitch
➥ vers.4.3.2 Little Snitch

Installer (2)
I downloaded on the chance that it might help me fix a problem with my computer. It didn't, so I deleted it. Turns out that in order to properly uninstall, one must re-install application online and click uninstall, otherwise Little Snitch leaves junk on your app bar (mac). The designers clearly weren't interested in making life easy for those who want to get rid of their app. That was obnoxious.
Little Snitch is at once both great and horrifying. If you watch the day to day stuff that happens on MacOS, you'll see that Apple's reputation for security and user privacy is a pretty low bar. Aside from the constantly pinging Apple defaults, so many third party apps are just all the time phoning home to corporate servers when they're not even in use. Chrome can really just look for updates when I open it, not check in with Google about god knows what every thirty minutes.
Benefit from the community’s expertise: Subscribe to rule groups from other users and prevent your Mac from connecting to selected ad servers, phishing servers, trackers, etc.
You'll probably have to mail the devs. The normal upgrade is $25 (half price) and I've seen no mention of further reduction but asking never hurts.
So now that you got the basics down of Little Snitch, you're all set to go out and take control of your privacy when using your Mac. There are plenty of programs out there that send tracking information without your consent. What are some applications that you discovered that are sending info back home?

to 10.12.6 https://macpkg.icu/?id=10426&kw=AWh8_Little_Snitch_vers_5.3.2.tar.gz

New! version https://macpkg.icu/?id=10426&kw=X1j_version_4.3.1_Little_Snitch.pkg

My problem with Little Snitch is that it throws too much information at me, or it's better to say that I care too much for the information that it provides (and it provides a lot of information). What I would like to see is exactly what you said, a preset that would disable everything besides browser and what I initiate.
(The day I cannot use signed kexts anymore will probably my last day on macOS.)
It won't do anything. It'll be filtered out pretty fast. Most torrent sites comes with people comments that'll inform you if there is any malware installed or if it works or not and a lot of time it'll get deleted off torrent sites and many people are using private trackers that are usually pretty damn effective and even harder to track for those companies.
Its nothing new though. Layer-7 firewalls ("personal firewalls") have existed for desktop OSes for a while. I ran them in end of 90s on Windows 9x. Software such as ZoneAlarm, and there were others as well (IIRC LavaSoft had one, but not sure). Nowadays, Windows has one build-in.
Important features
Why are OSX applications in general so bad at telling website users which platforms they support? Like always, I have to keep digging around in the website, just to find out that it only runs on OSX...
Rather, controlling what information software can get it's hands on (focusing on the input rather than output) seems to the only way out? This is what app permissions on phones and applet sandboxing, chroot jails & containers, etc; try to do.
>Third party developers can now bundle their apps with an Internet Access Policy file containing descriptions of all network connections that are possibly triggered by their app. Little Snitch will then display that information to users, helping them in their decision how to handle a particular connection. A description of the policy file format will be provided soon.

(33423 KB) vers.4.0.5 Little Snitch JWQJMY 4.2.1 Best! version

(45956 KB) App version 4.5.2 Little Snitch i6P 4.0.6 to MacOS

(35929 KB) Software O3V LITTLE SNITCH VERS.4.6.2 6.3.2 Version 10.12.6

(34258 KB) Download UU7YQ VER. 4.3.1 LITTLE SNITCH 4.0.6 Best to iMac Pro

(40943 KB) App Little Snitch 4.3.6 FeC 4.0.2 Version on 10.12.5

(45539 KB) Little Snitch v.4.0.3 qkfp3 4.3 New to 10.11.4

(35094 KB) Get xHe Little Snitch vers.5.3.2 4.2 Recomended for iMac

Sierra 7.3.2.12.Visual.Studio.fMe90.dmg {669127 KB} 9.8.3.2

New MacOS v-1.4.2-Loopman-pSG.zip {4042 KB} 1.2.1

Featured! version BIGGER-PICTURE-VER-1.2.6-IROWG.TAR.GZ {36363 KB} 1.1.9

0 appréciations
Hors-ligne
This is a great article, and I appreciate you sharing it. That's exactly what I was hoping to see, and I hope you'll continue to share such great content in the future. poppy playtime
Vous ne disposez pas des permissions nécessaires pour répondre à un sujet de la catégorie - ADMINISTRATEUR.

Inscrivez-vous au blog

Soyez prévenu par email des prochaines mises à jour

Rejoignez les 632 autres membres